I spend a lot of time kvetching and carrying on about what I don’t like. Probably TOO much. So, in the spirit of the season, I’m going to share some things that I’m thankful for — both in daytime and in my life!
1. Much of NYC’s population has poor enough vision to keep mistaking me for a 24 year old.
2. GH: NIGHT SHIFT had a successful second season, proving that there’s still hope for good soap yet!
3. My unfortunate coffee spillage incident this morning did not impact any important papers on my desk.
4. AMC’s Jesse and Angie came back to the show this year, and so did Bianca — complete with a girlfriend in tow.
5. GH’s Jerry may be gone, but he’s only “mostly dead,” which means he’s “slightly alive.” (Five points to anyone who gets that movie reference!)
6. There have been many, many adorable children to squee over in soapdom this year (GH’s Emma, Jake, and Cameron, ONE TREE HILL’s Jamie, B&B’s Jack, etc.) — often with the bonus of interaction with a good-looking guy. It’s a genius recipe for soap success where I’m concerned. Cute kid + cute guy. You can’t go wrong!
7. ATWT’s Luke has had kisses, storylines, and a fetching hair cut — and he’s lost most of the striped shirts!
8. Coleman! GH’s scruffy barkeep has made much of this year tolerable. If only Jake’s served turkey, I’d be there tomorrow!
9. The posters on our forums. Y’all keep me on my toes and help me keep my finger on the pulse of what fans are feeling.
10. VERBOTENE LIEBE. I’m totally hooked on the German soap and it’s introduced me to a lot of cool new people.
11. DAYS’ Philip. ‘Nuff said.
Happy Thanksgiving! :-)
originally posted on soapoperaweekly.com