I’ve been a little lax in my blogging lately (sorry!) but wanted to get in one last post before the ball drops here in the Big Apple and officially kicks off 2009. There are definitely some things that have amused me on this last soap day of 2008. Here they are in no particular order:
1. The fact that Y&R probably had more people of color in today’s episode (Neil, Karen, Tyra, Olivia, Olivia’s friend, Lily, Devon, Roxanne, Ana, the minister) than every other daytime soap had on all year.
2. DAYS’s Philip offered to stay home with Stephanie and make grilled cheese on New Year’s instead of going to a big to-do at Chez Rouge. LOL!
3. I switched over to AMC, saw JR holding a hospitalized Babe’s hand, and went, “Wait, isn’t Babe DEAD?!” before I remembered it was a rerun. Oops!
4. I just saw the “Baby Come Back” Swiffer commercial with the mariachis that BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL’s Ronn Moss (Ridge) says is his favorite.
5. The promos for GL’s Philip’s return? Awe. Some.
originally posted on soapoperaweekly.com